04 May 2015

Recipes XXVII: Tatter Tacos?!

I feel like a fiddle-head fern, unfurling for the first time after a long snowy winter. My world was turned upside down from September to now. I packed all of my belongings. We sold all of our furniture. I left familiar landscape and roads for uncharted territory. I finally got my wish to move back to New England but it didn't come without immense growing pains. As I explained to my husband, it's like wearing a new shoe. You like the shoe but it keep rubbing your feet and giving you painful blisters. That is my life right now. I'm a city girl living in the county. The toughness has cause some of my resistant at the battle of the bulge to weaken. I'm resolved not to get back to where I was in July 2013. A low calorie but satisfying recipe I give you tonight is;

Tatter Tacos

Makes 4
311 calories/ serving

4 tennis ball sized red potatoes
4 tablespoons of sour cream
1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
1 cup dry TVP
1 package taco seasoning.

Bake the potatoes until easy to slice through. Prepare the TVP and cook the TVP.
Place one potato in 4 bowls. Cube and mash the potatoes to be face up. Spread 1 tablespoon of sour cream on top of the potato. Sprinkle Nutritional yeast on the sour cream. Top with 1/2 cup of re-hydrated TVP. Serve piping hot!