17 March 2014

Recipes XXIII: Chocolate Craisin Cookies

I was having a lazy, rainy Sunday and wanted a treat to match my mood. I made a batch of apple cinnamon vegan cookies but it didn't hit the spot. During the week I had thought up a hypothetical cookie and wanted to see how it would work out. I was quite pleased. One could probably get away with eating these for breakfast...

Chocolate Craisin Cookies

Makes ~12-15 cookies

1 cup flour
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp coconut oil (non-melted)
3 tbsp chopped craisins
1/4 or 1/3 cup of dutch cocoa powder
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup of steel cut oats
optional: non-dairy choc chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In stand mixer, combine all ingredients at one time.
Mix/mux it around until it forms a nice brown doughy consistency.
Using a spoon, drop cookies onto pan with parchment or silicone baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cool on rack.