02 July 2014

Recipes: XXIV: Bean Burrito

Its been a while, I'm ashamed to say. Between graduating from my yoga teacher training, raising our puppy- Rufus and all of life's side dishes, I've forgotten to add some new ideas on here.

What's the deal with refried beans? I've pretty much hated beans all of my life. Enter refried beans, about 1 month ago. I've become obsessed with their savory goodness. I've even consulted Google on the matter of this craving. Well if you find yourself screaming yes for refried beans, even before lunch; I completely understand.

So I give you :

Le Bean Burrito (Freezer version)

Makes 8 large burritos

1 package of 200 calorie burrito shells
2 cans of vegetarian refried beans
2 avocados
1 package of Mexican cheese
Cherry tomatoes
8 oz Sour cream
1 cup of dried rice in its cooked form
Taco seasoning (dry)

Here are your two options depending on how many calories you want:

610 calories | 22 grams protein

1 shell
1/2 cup of refried bean and avocado mixture
1/2 cup rice with taco seasoning sprinkled on
1/8 cup of cheese sprinkled on
4 cherry tomatoes cut in half

Layer and wrap the burrito shell. Then fold the wax paper over the burrito and tape it shut.
Takes 1 minute per side (2 minutes in total) to heat.

443 calories | 20 grams of protein

1 shell
1/2 cup of refried bean and avocado mixture
1 tablespoon dollop low fat sour cream
1/8 cup of cheese
4 cherry tomatoes cut in half

Layer and wrap the burrito shell. Then fold the wax paper over the burrito and tape it shut.
Takes 1 minute per side (2 minutes in total) to heat.